Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year because it's one the few times when both young and old get dressed up in silly, or scary, costumes for a night of fun and celebration with their peers. Some people take the holiday to the extreme by creating haunted houses in their garages or dressing up in costumes that cost hundreds of dollars, while others, like me, look for ways to add a little extra flare without breaking the bank.
If you're like me, and want to add a little extra bling to your Halloween without spending an arm and a leg on something that you'll only use once a year, then keep reading to learn 5 Nite Ize tricks that will help you stand out in the pumpkin patch this year.
1. Illuminate your costume - Whether or not your costume requires a lighting element, the simple addition of an LED can really make you standout from the crowd at this year's Halloween party. Costumes like Iron Man, for example, benefit greatly by the addition of a few TwistLits worn on your hands or from a SpotLit necklace to illuminate the "arc reactor" in Iron Man's chest.
2. Use a SpotLit to light-up your pumpkin - Using a SpotLit in your jack-o-lantern is a great way to safely light your pumpkin this year. Not only will the long battery life of 20 hours be enough to light your pumpkin all night long, you can also put the SpotLit into flash mode to add the effect of a strobe light to the pumpkin.
Even better, unlike a traditional candle, there's a variety of colors to choose from. Choose a white SpotLit for that traditional pumpkin look, red LED for a spookier effect, or go with the blue or green LED SpotLit for a look that is more fun and inviting. Want to get even crazier? Pick up a Disc-O colored SpotLit and have the only color-changing pumpkins on the block.
3. Gear Tie-ify - Let's face it, with countless ways of using a Gear Tie they are a must have in your Halloween kit this year. Whether you're a Do-It-Yourself costume maker or master decorator, having a few reusable rubber twist ties around the house is always a good idea. You can use them to add structure to a costume, to join pieces of a costume together (e.g. when creating extra arms in a spider outfit), or to hang/mount/secure your Halloween decorations.
4. Pets need flare too - If you have a furry friend in your house, and a few kiddos too, then taking your pet trick-or-treating with you is a great way to include them in the festivities. But don't just bring them along for the walk, include them in the celebration with the simple addition of a SpotLit or PetLit LED to their collar, or go all out with by lighting them up with a Nite Dawg LED Collar, or the new NiteHowl LED Safety Necklace.
5. Be "that house" on the block - You know the one I'm talking about. Every neighborhood has one, it's "that house" that gives out the full-size candy bars every year to the local kids. Well, just think how cool your house would be if you gave away a SpotLit, SlapLit, or BugLit to your closest neighbors. Now, I realize that this might not be the least expensive way to win over the neighborhood hoodlums, but I am willing to bet that if you did giveaway some Nite Ize swag that your house would be put on the "don't teepee" list.
If you have any other creative ideas involving one of our products then we'd love to learn more about it by reading your comments below. And, who knows? We might even feature your idea in one of our upcoming blog posts, and send you a Nite Ize goodie bag for your suggestion.
Be seen and be safe this Halloween!